Thursday, September 8, 2011

DESSERT VOTED MOST LIKELY TO SABOTAGE MY DIET...

Well, that would be ANYTHING with dark chocolate!  We ate with my family on Labor Day this year and my mother made this delicious dessert.  She sent the leftovers home with me for "the boys to eat..." and well, those boys haven't gotten any!

CHOCOLATE CHERRY CAKE

1 Dark Chocolate cake mix (oil + eggs)
1 t. almond extract
1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
1 tub fudge frosting

Prepare cake mix as directed.  Add the almond extract.  Fold in the cherry pie filling, then bake as directed in 9 x 13 pan.  Frost when cool.

This is such a moist cake!  I'm not a big cherry fan, but you can barely taste them.  I think they just make it really moist.  So easy and delicious!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

YUM! I love dark chocolate! I've been craving a chocolate cake, but I'm holding out til Sunday to eat it! (my birthday) Don't worry I'm eating plenty of ice cream for which I'll pay for later on!

OK Chick said...

I'm not a huge cherry fan, but this still looks amazing!

Amy said...

wow. looks great! Gonna give that a try! Thanks!

Lori said...

I think Joe would like this a lot!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Sounds very good.