Saturday, June 25, 2011

LETTING GO...


again. My 19 year old son is taking off today for just a little 3 1/2 week singing tour out to California and back! It's kinda scary, I'll admit. This group of 7 singers ages 19-24, driving and being responsible for themselves, a van and a trailer, keeping a schedule, representing the university. I keep reminding myself that I was responsible enough to marry at age 19, they are responsible enough to do this!!!
I was happy to live here, close by, to see them off. My son actually asked me to help make some little curtains for sun shields. So I was busy yesterday, putting together some make-shift curtains. Found these great hooks at Ross, then got some bargain upholstery fabric at Hancock's, and voila! Curtains. Who needs special buttonhole openings for the hooks? Just a little hole with an ice pick. Surely they'll hold up (fingers crossed!). I confess, I flunked making buttonholes. Maybe I never got any instruction on that. I did do zippers!

What do you think? Now taking orders for van curtains...

Prayers for all young people out there going on adventures this summer!

3 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh bless you! I know they will be fine and responsible and represent OC well! I feel lonely on your behalf.

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Woody Loden is possible looking for someone to make curtains for the 36 passenger bus. The AC is still acting up.

Hope all goes well on their 3 1/2 week tour.

Summer said...

They are awesome! This will be a great learning experience for all of them.