Thursday, June 23, 2011

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABY, GOT YOU ON MY MIND...




I don't know who sang that song, but I always liked that accapella part at the beginning...yes, we are celebrating 28 years today! Pretty crazy! But I decided I must do a post about this, because for one thing, it's a THURSDAY. And we got married on a THURSDAY. Maybe not so weird today. But let me tell you, it was a little odd back then to have a church wedding on a Thursday. Why, pray tell, would we do that? Mostly because I wanted my wedding anniversary on the 23rd. Our first date was on the 23rd, and I wanted our anniversary to be on that date also. And because I always thought it would be weird to get married on a Saturday, then have to get up and go to church the next morning, after well, you know, spending the night in sin...yeah, maybe my thinking was a little warped back then (give me a break, I was barely 19!). Other different things I did: my bridesmaids held little hurricane globes with lit candles instead of bouquets; I had fresh flowers on the wedding cake - didn't want any little plastic bride and groom.
Anyway, maybe sometime I'll write 28 things I've learned in 28 years, but that sounds like too much work...all I can say is that we've had our ups and downs but if it wasn't for our mutual belief in God and the church it would have been a lot harder. We have served in different ministries and reared (almost) 3 kids to love Him also. That is really the binding that holds us together. I love you, DW! Here's to 28 more!

9 comments:

Dan W. said...

Still as pretty as the day I married you! I love you RW!!!

Summer said...

You guys are precious. Congratulations!

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary, you child bride you! I think you should be proud of your husband for staying in such good shape. He's barely changed!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Wow, I can't believe my husband made a comment on my blog! This is a momentous occasion!!!

Mark Brewer said...

Great pictures! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Awwwww! So sweet! I liked hearing about the "different" things.

Catherine said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the pictures! And your cake looks very much like ours did (almost exactly 20 years later) -- no plastic people for me either! So see how very ahead of your time you were? :-)

Gena said...

Looking at you two is like looking at your kids....getting married. Weird. ;) Wow, I love this post. Both of you look the same! Congratulations!

Alyssa said...

LOVE the wedding pictures!!! And I had the same thoughts on Sunday morning - the next day!! Happy anniversary! Can't wait to ready your 28 things list!