Saturday, April 4, 2009

TOP 10 THINGS I LEARNED FROM FEEDING 150 KIDS 11 MEALS THIS PAST WEEK...


1. There are NO KNIVES at school. Bring your own from home!

2. Kids who say they "aren't hungry" need a scholarship to pay for the meals.

3. You can never have too much dessert. Or Ranch dressing.

4. Follies kids are very entertaining! Think loud singing and accordion music during meals!

5. Teens today like salad! Parenting is improving.

6. There's always a boy who bats his eyes at you and asks for special favors!

7. When your kid's not there, you better call home. He's sleeping in!

8. Always feed the custodial staff if you have leftovers. They'll be your friend forever.

9. The one vegetarian who says, "Is every meal going to be like this?" needs to deal with it.

10. I love teens who look me in the eye and say, "THANK YOU."

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I heard he looked at my dad and went Pa, Pa, Pa....usually the Halls entertain him during church, and we're probably the only parents at the retreat that weren't worried 1 bit about our kid that we left! I'm sure he was perfect, but was he distracting?!? (We get told that a lot!)

Lori said...

Sounds like you did a great job...and learned a lot!
I like the new layout theme.