Tuesday, April 14, 2009

GET A LIFE!


Didn't really have any wonderful things to share the past few days...well I could've but totally forgot my camera at LTC this past weekend...and I like to post with a picture because I'm a visual person, so yeah.

Anyway, thought I would remind all you wonderful mothers out there to nurture yourself from time to time - in other words, GET A LIFE! Do something just for you occasionally, and don't feel bad about it. You will be a better wife and mother for taking care of yourself. I can think of several things that have saved my sanity through the years. Friday PLAYGROUP when my kids were small was awesome! Basically we had 4 moms in the group, and we each took a Friday and cared for the 8-10 kids one Friday a month, from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. So I had 3 Fridays off each month. It was wonderful for the mothers and the kids! Those kids have lifelong bonds. BUNKO is my social outlet. I've been in a group about 15 years. Yes, 15 years. I think the secret to our longevity is the fact that we pray together. We share concerns and pray for a good 15 minutes before eating, playing Bunko, and eating some more! Another thing that helped me was EXERCISE. When I wasn't teaching anymore, I would drop kids off at MDO and head straight to Curves at 9:30 a.m., no excuses! Would you still believe I still go at 9:30 a.m. every Tuesday, even tho my babies are 13, 17, and 19? (I like routine!) Thursday exercise I've had to change up a little because of CWBS. Which leads me to the next wonderful thing that has kept me sane: BIBLE STUDY. Being a part of a Bible study every Thursday morning for the last 5 years has been a huge blessing for me. It keeps me in the Word, accountable, and has made me confident in my faith. The flower in the picture is from our last CWBS luncheon this year (thanks Stacy!): II Peter 3:18 encourages us to "grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ," and that is exactly what I'm trying to tell you today.

Do yourself a favor - today - and GET A LIFE!

2 comments:

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Thanks for this Robin...My aunt Zina's friends had a playgroup similar to yours and she loved it...girl's we need to get on the ball!

Tonya Tuggle said...

O I love this post. It is FULL of such encouragement and wisdom. Thank you for this!!! I have played Bunko once and it was a blast...I can see why you've kept all of the traditions.