Thursday, April 2, 2009

PRAISE OR PUNISH???


Okay, here I am in a dilemma again...I wake up after hearing a noise in the middle of the night, and go to the kitchen to see what's up. My son is up at 2:45 a.m. working on the computer!!! I ask him what he is doing, and he replies, "Oh I'm just printing out my research paper!" like it's the most normal thing in the world to do in the middle of the night!!! So what do I do? Do I PRAISE OR PUNISH? The kid has been in Follies practice after school until late since spring break and the paper has to be done. I want him to participate - it's a great variety show - don't want to bring him down today with a matinee performance at school and the first show tonight...AAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGHHHHHH! Parenting is just hard, sometimes!

P.S. yes, I know that clock says 2:45 p.m. Do you really think I would take a picture at 2:45 a.m.?

4 comments:

Gena said...

During Follies week, anything goes. Ugh. Have fun trying to wake him up Sunday morning after the all-night cast party. I think my parents hated those Sundays. I hope this weekend goes well!

Summer said...

I love that you blog. I will be referring to your posts in several years trying to remember what Robin would do in this situation!

Michelle said...

at least you won't have to worry about him finishing a paper during college, it's good practice! He's young, he can stay up until the wee hours of the morning...

Tonya Tuggle said...

this shows responsibility...he figured out how to get it all done...very hard worker! I would praise 'em!