Thursday, October 29, 2015

SKILLS NIGHT...

Our Women's Fellowship Ministry at church just recently held "Skills Night," offering a bunch of introductory classes for skills many women like to have.  It was a lot of fun!  It was a ton of organization, too (which I have to give kudos to my friend Lori for doing!).  The classes were 30 minutes long unless you chose Cake Decorating or Knitting.  We had a nice mix of craft type classes and other general skills.

We had teachers from our church donating their time for these classes:

Crochet
Knitting
Hand sewing and mending
Cross Stitch
Card making
Cake Decorating
Home decorating
Making tablescapes
Landscaping
Bow making
Wreath making demo
Flower arrangement
First Aid and CPR (non-certified)
Smart Phone tips
Computer tips



I went to two classes:  Flower Arrangement and CPR (non-certified).  Both were well done!  I learned a few little tricks in the flower arrangement class and came right home and made my own pumpkin flower arrangement with a few flowers I had brought home from the class.

Here's some of my favorite pics from the evening:







This literally took me about 10 minutes after I got home.  So fun! Thankful for ladies willing to teach and mentor some of these disappearing skills!








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a neat thing to do!! Love the arrangement!