Thursday, August 20, 2015

WOMEN'S NIGHT OF ENCOURAGEMENT...

The Women's Ministry at our church decided to try an experiment... what would happen if we did a fellowship event with no registration and no food?  In August?  How many would come?








 We had around 50 ladies come and it went really well! I hosted and it was just the right number so we didn't have to have any groups outside.  We used a Shape Personality Quiz as the base for mixing the group up and we also had a scavenger hunt for those shapes around the house.  When they found their shapes on the hunt, they got back together in their groups and read what each one said.  Some had scriptures of encouragement related to their personalities and some were just funny sayings.  It really was a great way to meet new faces and also rekindle some friendships.  After our activities, we ended with a devotional about encouragement and then ended on the patio with singing.  The temperature was perfect outside and everyone really seemed to enjoy it!

Here's to the committee for stepping out there and trying new things and I loved it (speaking as a Squiggle/Circle)!   

Here's the link to the shape quiz - it's lots of fun!  Have a good time laughing at your shape!







4 comments:

Unknown said...

I still love this idea! I know they appreciated you hosting and having a time for them to have fun and fellowship in faith! Thanks for the link, too :).

Amy said...

Love this! I wish I had your whole evening plan. Would love to do this!

Chellie said...

I really wanted to come to this. Looks like a great time. Maybe if you do it again I'll make it.
I think I'm a circle person -- the description seems pretty accurate.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Amy, let me know on fb if you want more details!