Sunday, March 9, 2014

OFFICIALLY FINISHED...

The musical is over, and my volunteer job I've had now for about 8 years is too.  I have loved it, but it's time to move on...I'm feeling the 7 year itch!  I'll be graduating as my baby does soon!  It's been wonderful to be able to volunteer as all three of my kids went through the performing arts department at the high school.  I didn't do much when my daughter first started high school, but within a couple of years I got locked into doing the production meals for the cast & crew for the plays, musicals, and Follies talent show each year.

I learned so much from taking care of this!  Scheduling caterers and restaurant food pickups, negotiating prices, getting other parents to volunteer by serving or making dessert, getting out the parent letters and collecting money, it's been a job!  But it's also been very rewarding to see the kids enjoy the meals, laugh with other parents and teachers, and getting lots of hugs as I encourage the kids.

I'm thankful today for the opportunity to serve 
and finding my niche the last 8 years!  





2 comments:

Unknown said...

They will miss you and your talents!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

It was fun to work with you on a project outside of church.