Wednesday, October 31, 2012

FINDING YOUR PASSION...



My nephew posted something on facebook the other day about finding your PASSION.  It linked back to THIS WEBSITE which I found intriguing.

One of the questions that help determine your passion was to name your 3 favorite movies of all time.  After you do that, look for the common thread running through those.  Is there one?  That is probably your passion.  So interesting!  My hubby's was clear:  his passion is action, adventure, and characters that overcome adversity!

I had a hard time thinking of my 3 favorite movies, actually, since I watch Jeopardy or my computer and see older movies with my husband about once a week (am I a nerd or what?).  All I could think of was Sound of Music.  Looking through our drawer of movies we actually bought, I would say True Grit (new one), Invictus, and Man from Snowy River all rank pretty high for me because of their beautiful music.  Which says my passion is about family and music.  Pretty much fits me.  There is always a song in my heart.  When I was teaching, one year of it was Kindergarten and I loved it because of circle time, when we would sing seasonal songs.  I also taught at Wee Melodies when my kids were small.  So I would say this method of finding your passion might just work!

Does it work for you?  Think of your 3 favorite movies and let me know if you figured out your own!

2 comments:

Amy said...

21I am still thinking about favorite movies and yes, I think this would tell you quite a bit about what your passion is. Interesting. I do know that I could also say SOMusic and MFSRiver are two of my favs also!

Unknown said...

Mine would probably be Disney movies....not sure. I read his post, but didn't go to the link. Maybe I should, but I'll have to think, think, think.......