Saturday, October 6, 2012

WILD WEEKEND...

Just got back from a women's retreat!  It was a lot of fun!  Not WILD fun, but "With In the Lord's Design" kinda fun.  My sister-in-law does a great job planning these - I think you could call her the "theme queen!" Not only does the program and decorations reflect the theme, even the little chocolates on the tables and crafts go with the theme.

Funny story about these centerpieces - they announced that the shoes were actually for sale.  If you know me, you know that I would never even THINK about a heel this high, much less leopard print.  At the first break we had, so many ladies were trying these one and all but 1 or 2 pair were bought!!!
A women's retreat and shopping all in one night - couldn't get much better!


The best part of the retreat was that all the speakers were relatives of mine.  Two were regular talks and two were devotionals.  I filled in for the absent song leader and loved it.  I love women singing together!   Can you guess who the "theme queen" is here?  My sis-in-law Lori, and you can check out her blog HERE.  She speaks a lot in southwest OK for women's functions.  Next to her is her daughter Lauren, my niece Shanelle holding baby K, her mother (my sis-in-law) Delia, and finally my sweet mother-in-law, Sharon.

 Another perk was getting to hold my 2 month old great-nephew!  This little guy was a trouper-he even spent the night!  He has a brave momma!

4 comments:

Gena said...

Those shoes look so painful and yet so wonderful. I would buy them but would wear them three times. ;)

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

You had a busy weekend along with hosting the Senior high girls at your house tonight for a Halloween thing.

Unknown said...

So glad you were able to come! I wrote a "Thank You" text to you about singing. Hope you saw it! I appreciate your help very much!

Chellie said...

You're related to Shanelle? I love her!! She went to OSU (a freshman when I was a senior). I used to hang out with her and some of her friends a lot.