Wednesday, August 10, 2011

SENTIMENTAL JOURNEY...

We went on a brief but wonderful little getaway with our kids!  And the reason I call it a sentimental journey is because we used to go to this place 4-5 times a year from 1984-2001. During that time my parents owned a mobile home near Lake Tenkiller and Fin & Feather Resort.  We boated a lot and were within walking distance of the wonderful buffet and other amenities of the resort.  It was really a fun time.  But, life (and death) happens, and the big "C" got my Dad and they sold the mobile home the year he passed away.  We inherited the boat, but it just wasn't the same going to Lake Arcadia near our house, and the kids were getting really busy with all their activities anyway. We sold it about 5 years ago.  We attempted to go back to Fin & Feather, and have some extended family vacations, but both times we had bad luck:  somebody broke an arm and the boat trailer tires were terrible.  Long story short:  we recently decided to get a cabin at Fin & Feather and rent a boat for a few days.  It was really a sweet time with our big kids after not going for so long.  We enjoyed the lake, wakeboarding, tubing, and jumping off big rocks.  We ate at the 33 foot resort buffet, Soda Steve's, B & J's, played two games of Disc golf, and played cards every night until late.  Oh yes - and we got HOT FUDGE NACHOS.  These are something new since we've been there!  Take a look at our wild and crazy time!

A familiar sight, they're just a little BIGGER!
I don't think this one had ever gotten up on the wake board before!
OOPS!  How did that one get in here?  My son is always catching pics of me at my best :)
This is definitely NOT something we did with them when they were little!  It was about a 30 foot jump, and I was the only sane one that did not do it (somebody's got to take pictures)!
We love the Indian at Fin & Feather's buffet line!  I don't know how many times we have taken this pic!
We are Frisbee golf fans!
This concoction may not look it, but it feeds 5 adults!  It's Hot Fudge Nachos at Fin & Feather's newest restaurant, Soda Steve's.  We loved it!

7 comments:

Alyssa said...

Super sweet. I'm going to add this to our growing list of "things to do in Oklahoma".

Lori said...

I was just thinking about you all earlier and wondering how your trip was! Looks like it was a wonderful family trip! Great memories of the past and now present that will be with you into the future. :)

Gena said...

How fun. That sort of reminds me of going to Lake Murray growing up. No water skiing, but lots of waiting around in buffet lines. :)

Michelle said...

I want those Nachos! Cheeseburger in Paradise had them when they were open, so good!!

Summer said...

looks like fun. I have to know more about these nachos...

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Glad you had a good time. Weston interviewed me today (I hope he edits me out completely) he said it was an amazing time.

Amy said...

Oh, what fun!! We are heading out with all of my family today for some fun like you just had. Hope to see as many smiles in my pictures as you had in yours! Blessings!