Thursday, August 4, 2011

KILLING THREE BIRDS WITH ONE STONE...

I love efficiency. Which sometimes makes me feel guilty for not planning ahead or making mistakes or wasting valuable time. I assure you I am not a perfectionist anymore!
But efficiency happened this past weekend.  :)

We needed to retrieve the church Disaster Relief trailer from an Alabama congregation we had loaned it to back in April. So we planned to drive the church truck and get that in Nashville(they brought it up from AL). Then we heard about a friend moving to Nashville the same weekend, so we were able to load the church truck with her possessions and meet up with her at her new apartment there. Finally, we got to be at the wonderful wedding, all in the same weekend (previous post)!  Also, I managed (much to my husband's chagrin) to sneak in a little sightseeing.  We spent a few hours in downtown Franklin, Tennessee. A cute suburb of Nashville, I would highly recommend it for dining and shopping! Check it out:
Yes, I was wearing a little jacket - it was only 90 degrees there!

Neat old church downtown
Great tip from tripadvisor!  We ate lunch here and also bought loaves of Tomato-basil bread and Heavenly Hash brownies from the day old rack.
Yummy sampler platter from Merridee's - Chicken salad, Tuna salad, Pimento Cheese, served with frozen fruit salad and homemade raisin bread.  It was awesome!
This is a photo inside a really cool store, Philanthropy - Fashion with Compassion.  I understood that everything they sell comes from or benefits a Third World country.  Check out some of their products on their BLOG.
I would also recommend The Shoppes on Main, Bink's Outfitters, and F.M.Allen.

Of course, no road trip is complete without a DQ blizzard - Midnight Truffle!

6 comments:

Amy said...

What a fun trip! Makes me what to go there! We always have a blizzard on road trips too. Yum. Have a wonderful day!! Amy

HallieMarie said...

That's my town! I live about 10 minutes away from Downtown Franklin!
Isn't it the best?!
Glad you got to go!

Lori said...

We are flying in and of Nashville next month for my niece's wedding in Chattanooga. We have an extra day in Nashville before flying home, so we may need to check out Franklin! Any good Nashville or Franklin hotel recommendations?

Wa Wa Waughs said...

We had a nice stay at Marriott's Residence Inn Nashville Brentwood on points. We chose it because it was close to our friends and church. It was about 10 min. from downtown Franklin.

Alyssa said...

I love Nashville. And I love DQ - ever had a Mud Pie Blizzard? It's hard to find a DQ that still makes them, but it's Matt's favorite.

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Yeah for short sightseeing trips.