Sunday, May 29, 2011

HERE WE GO...

after a few blessed weeks of having all 5 of us back together, (more laundry for me, more food prep for me, more piles of stuff around the house for me to pick up - yes, I'm exhausted!) June is here and we are going our separate ways. It's a bittersweet but exciting time as a parent. Part of me would love for them to stay at home and let me mother them and cook wonderful meals for them and enjoy fun summer days together. But in reality, they NEED to be working, gaining independence and confidence in themselves as young adults. My daughter will be spending her summer working HERE! She is thrilled and we are happy to see her doing something she loves and serving others at the same time. My son takes off on tour with THIS GROUP, singing and promoting Oklahoma Christian along the way. The youngest and I will be traveling with the youth group this week to Albuquerque, NM on a mission trip to help in various ways there (pics to come!).
We had one last fun family event yesterday - my Grandma Flora's 95th birthday party! I was so happy they could all attend!

3 comments:

Summer said...

Have fun on the mission trip. I will think about you while I am at my first (in over 15 years) camp experience.

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

After reading the New Reign Bio's, he almost needs one of his siblings to sing with him.

Lori said...

Have a great week!