Monday, May 16, 2011

BENIGN...

No sweeter word when you are waiting! Waiting to hear so you know what you might spend your summer doing...waiting to know if there are more painful procedures in your future.

I have laughed a lot in the last few years at people who say everything changes (physically) when you turn 40...nothing changed for me! But I guess I'm a late bloomer. Now I realize it may not happen at age 40, but it might be 42 or 46. Yep, 46 has kind of stunk for me. The last year has been one little physical problem after another, physically. Shoulder injury, leading to frozen shoulder; physical therapy the last 3 months, messed up menses, and just 10 days ago - questionable mammogram, biopsy - ouch! I'm really looking forward to turning 47 next month! I'm hoping to get a break from all this stuff. (LOL)

But in the midst of my aging body, I realize I am blessed. I am a Christian with hope. I am surrounded by a loving family. I got to visit Italy and run a half-marathon this past year! This verse from Psalms encouraged me this past week:

Psalm 103:2-3

Praise the LORD, my soul,
and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
and heals all your diseases...

True healing means more than just curing a sick body -- and we praise God for the times he has done that in our lives. No, true healing means to forgive and deliver us from what breaks our spirits and makes our souls and bodies unhealthy. I have been healed from that most destructive thing of all: sin! (adapted from my favorite site: verseoftheday.com)

7 comments:

Michelle said...

That's great Robin! Not that you're having problems, but you're getting good news. The other day we talked about God pruning us, maybe that's what he's doing to you. "Hurting" you to make you stronger.

Summer said...

Praise God, Robin!

Alyssa said...

Benign is a great word to hear. But still stressful in the midst of waiting. You are a great example to everyone.

Gena said...

Wonderful news! I'm sorry you had to go through even one day not knowing the outcome of that biopsy. Waiting is the worst part. Love you!

Catherine said...

Oh man, that IS a great word to hear! So glad to hear it.

Janell said...

Glad to hear benign! I know what you went through. My first mammogram at age 40 they found a lump and I had to have surgical biopsy. Not fun, but it was benign too. They've been clear for the 10 years since, so maybe yours will too!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

So glad to hear that! I can relate when it comes to waiting to hear good news on your health and being ready to move on! Here's to a wonderful year!