Saturday, January 30, 2010

KITTY COLLAR AND REFLECTING...


Pulled this one out of my file "POSSIBLE BLOG TOPICS" when life gets boring. Yep, I said boring. Snow days with a 20 yr.old (who is at college), 18 yr. old, and 14 yr old translate into FRIEND TIME. Not much family time happening here... :( All those people posting about their fun times in the snow on facebook make me want to gag...AHEM! Okay, I didn't say that, did I? I love my life...I am grateful....I enjoy seeing your snow pics! The lesson here is to enjoy your children while you can, they'll grow up too!

BE CONTENT WHATEVER THE CIRCUMSTANCES...PHILIPPIANS 4:11

Funny, I always thought that verse was for those that were experiencing troubles, like financial or health. But here it is, encouraging me to be grateful for what I have right now, even if my kids are growing up and most of those family fun times are few and far between...GOD'S WORD IS ALWAYS RIGHT ON TARGET FOR LIFE!

Anyway, back to that lovely picture...my college girl was doing a lot of knitting on Christmas break, and she wanted to make a hat, which takes circular needles. Anyway, it didn't quite work out like she wanted, so she decided it would be a KITTY COLLAR, which the cat wore for a total of about 30 seconds...

3 comments:

Gena said...

I think about what you're going through on a daily basis. Life just flies by....I'm trying to remember that. By the time my kids are where yours are, you're going to be in the next best phase......son and daughters-in-law and Grandkids...? :) You'll have tons of new blog material.

Lesley said...

and we'll be resting :)

Elizabeth Mullins said...

You can come join us!