Monday, February 1, 2010

SURPRISE!



We had a FUN SURPRISE last night! It was right up my alley too, pleasing my little coupon-loving heart. We decided to use an OUTBACK gift card after our 3:00 p.m. church service (due to the ice the past few days!) and have a free meal. While there, we bumped into some church friends, who had 4 tickets to the OKC THUNDER game that night that they couldn't use! Well, we had never been to a Thunder game, although our kids have gotten to go with friends. Our senior was with us (another anomaly on a Sunday night) and he quickly called a friend and the 4 of us went! THEY WERE AWESOME SEATS - FLOOR LEVEL, ROW C!!! We had a lot of fun. The whole evening was just a nice SURPRISE. Think maybe I need some more spontaneous moments in my life?


Funny this comes on the heels of one of my more depressing blog posts...which I really try not to do. I hope my posts are encouraging to those with teens and offers hope to those that are scared of teenagers. But I feel I have to justify it a little, after some more reflection. Being iced in for a few days and getting caught up on all those little things can wreak havoc on the mind!!! I think getting the 2010 calendar all planned out made me realize how life is going to change again, when my daughter is spending the whole summer in Italy and my second child is graduating now, too. He'll be gone in September! Another bad, bad, thing I did the last few days was to get a scrapbook done for the year 2004. YES, 2004! I'm a few years behind...but doing that just made me re-live that whole year.

So the moral of the story today is...DON'T LIVE IN THE PAST (keep up with your scrapbooking!) AND BE MORE SPONTANEOUS!

Okay, so I have to share some of the 2004 stuff! (Sorry I thought I saved them correctly but I guess I didn't!)








2 comments:

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I'm glad you got to go to a Thunder game. We haven't gone either. We keep talking about it, but just haven't done it yet.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

How fun! We will miss DeeAnn too!!!!