Wednesday, August 26, 2009

IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN...


Senior lunch time, that is! When my daughter was a senior a couple of years ago, we opened our home twice a month to provide lunch for her and her friends. 12th grade is the only year they are allowed off campus to eat lunch, so it's a pretty big deal! But of course, after a couple of weeks many of them find their wallets running low on funds to do this! Anyway, I took a cue from some ladies at church who had done this before for their kids. They even printed a little cookbook of all the recipes to give to the kids as a graduation gift! I really enjoy cooking, so this was a no-brainer for me. My son brought about 10 kids with him, and this first lunch was his choice: Meat and Cheese Cups. He's loved them ever since he was a little guy!

8 comments:

Gena said...

You're such a good mom. I bet you have warm chocolate chip cookies for him when he comes home from school, too.

Alyssa said...

What a great idea!! I need to file this away for 11 years from now.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Nope, Gena, but I keep the fridge stocked with yogurt for him!

Lauren said...

What a great idea!! I wish I'd had this when I was a senior! Deciding what to do for lunch was the pits!!

Lori said...

I bet some of his friends have moms who don't cook. This is a real ministry of Christian fellowship and friendship as well as good food!

OK Chick said...

You are a good mom. I think this is a great idea.

Lesley said...

you are an amazing mom!

Shannon "Coupon Princess" said...

Totally a great idea. My son can leave lunch 2 x's a week I might have to suggest this idea to him!