Monday, June 29, 2009

ESCAPE FROM THE KIDS...




Like I mentioned a while back, every Mom needs a little down time! I planned a little weekend trip to Texas and invited my Bunko group! We had a free stay at my brother-in-law's house while they were gone being teachers at Camp Bluehaven - thanks Ken! We had no need for music or movies - we had conversation a plenty! Had a great time eating at Babe's Chicken and shopping IKEA in Dallas area, then on down to Fredericksburg to Wildseed Farms, lunch at Peach Tree, plenty of shopping, and watched the "bat emergence" at Old Tunnel Wildlife Area. Drove over to Round Rock for Sunday morning service, then ate more good food at Chuy's and shopping the outlet mall there. We capped off the weekend at a dirty Dairy Queen in Itasca and reminisced about DQ growing up. It was a lot of fun! You're never too old for a Girls' Roadtrip!

1 comment:

Gena said...

I love girls road trips. And you're far from too old......