Tuesday, June 16, 2009

BEFORE & AFTER....KITCHEN BANQUETTE



So, for about 7 years I've been wanting a booth or banquette for this nook in our dining room! I'm so excited that we finally got it! With our kitchen remodeling in 2000 came a support wall, which made it hard to find a table and rug to fit this space. Anyway, I thought a banquette would fit the bill, and I think it looks great. I now have additional storage in the benches as well. My daughter made the cushions for it. Thanks Greg, for the carpentry work and Dee for the cushions!

P.S. On the before pic we had already moved the aquarium, but it used to sit behind the table on an extremely ugly black stand!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Looks great, Robin! Good job, DeeAnn! Is that the same aquarium or a new one? I like the scenery and I'm sure "turtle" (forgot his name - sorry)does, too :).

Gena said...

I love seats with storage. I wish every chair in my house had a place to hide things. Good idea!

Melody said...

Very functional...way to go! Hey, I'd love your teriaki chicken recipe, if you don't mind! Thanks!