Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TWO MUST READS...


I don't usually go around recommending books, but these two are wonderful! Am I the One? by James R. Lucas could just keep your teenage son or daughter from making one of the biggest mistakes of their life. With chapters like "Twelve Lousy Reasons to Get Married," it's an easy read. Recommended by my friend Lori, both my daughter and I think it's beneficial. Same Kind of Different As Me, by Ron Hall & Denver Moore is compelling, and a tear jerker. An incredible TRUE story about a modern-day slave, an international art dealer, and the unlikely woman who brought them together. Happened in Fort Worth, Texas. I will be checking them both in at the local library, so reserve them today!

4 comments:

Summer said...

i love, love, love Same Kind of Different. Changed my life.

I will definitely check out the other one. Can you get it at Mardel?

Wa Wa Waughs said...

For some reason I am remembering my friend Lori saying she couldn't find it at Mardel. I know you can order it from Amazon.com, and of course get it at the library.

Same kind of Different was eerily similar in several ways to my Dad's death from colon cancer. Good therapy for me!

Sarah said...

Same Kind of Different was wonderful!!! Opened my eyes to a lot of things.

I also recommend Glass Castle. Totally different, but equally compelling.

Robin, have you read The Last Lecture? I think the book is quite a bit different from the video of the lecture, although I have not seen it.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting a review of “Same Kind of Different as Me.” I work with Thomas Nelson, and we would love to follow your blog and hear what readers think of this exciting book. I also want to let you know that Ron and Denver have just released a new book “What Difference Do It Make?” which updates readers on their activity since the last book came out. Please contact me if you are interested in receiving a complimentary copy of the new book for review on your site.

Thanks!

Jodi Hughes
pubintern@thomasnelson.com