Saturday, June 13, 2009

TRUE TRUFFLES ARE SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THIS....



Recently I bought this kit at TJ MAXX on the sale aisle for $3! Sounds like a fun activity with the kids, right? It had all the ingredients, except for the cream, and more information about truffles than I ever cared to know. Did you know the original chocolate truffle resembled the truffle fungus which grows at the base of trees? As you can see they encourage a "hands on" process which is closer to the original process. Personally, I think a toothpick or spoon would've been easier. Oh, and forget about it being a family activity - the kids steered clear of me on this project...except to take pictures!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Joe wants to know if you licked your fingers?!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Are you kidding? That was the best part!!!

Elizabeth Mullins said...

Um.. Truffles are one of my favorite "Valantine" chocolates! Maybe I should clue Joshua in to the fact he could make me some all year around!