Sunday, July 5, 2009

A "SPARKLING" KIND OF DAY...





and way too much material for just one blog! I'll just try to put it in a nutshell! Here I am having my "June Cleaver" moment, inspired by my friend Summer and her blog. Notice I'm washing dishes patriotically - RED gloves, BLUE & WHITE sundress! We were getting ready for our big 4th of July picnic. Later on we gather at my sister's house to celebrate 6 June/July birthdays in our family. I'm in June, and my dear husband totally shocked my with a beautiful SPARKLING bracelet that has rubies and diamonds on it!!!! He was trying to match my ring,which was given to me from my parents back in '86 when I graduated college. Nice job, Dan! We had a lot of fun watching the kids pop fireworks the rest of the evening. I think this must be my 17 yr. old's favorite holiday. Here he is sporting new headgear from one of many little parachute men exploding out of rockets!

4 comments:

Summer said...

Wow! tell Dan my birthday is Friday :)

Lori said...

Very "sparkling" day!

Michelle said...

Yeah, I lived in NYC the Summer of 2003, I had an internship at Sports Illustrated in their photography department, it will always be one of my top 5 summers of my life!

Gena said...

Love that last picture!