Monday, February 2, 2009

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND IT...

I just came off the weekend after going to a youth parent retreat. It was actually a Friday night/Sat. morning workshop at the church building this year. I got to help with the planning this year and enjoyed that. We held it at the building for 2 reasons: the budget crunch, and to make it easier for single parents to attend. We still had less than 10% attend. Our total number was good, around 50, but that included some college students majoring in ministry who HAD to attend, and our own youth ministers. The number was up a little from last year's retreat held at a state resort. So I still have to wonder, "WHY DON'T PARENTS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THESE THINGS?" The parents that really need to be there never are.

I feel like a pretty experienced parent at this point, but I'm always open to new ideas and really went to visit with the other parents. It was a great time, and the food was good, too!

Let me encourage you parents out there to never grow tired of learning, even when your kids are bigger than you are!

1 comment:

Gena said...

That is pretty frustrating, especially when you help plan something like that. And it's hard not to take it personally sometimes, at least for me.