Wednesday, January 21, 2009

PARENTING CHALLENGES: VOLUME AND DENSITY


You know it's bad when your better half is out of town and there's Math homework!  I tried to help my son with his 7th grade Science work, which looked ridiculously like Math!  He had to find the volume of a cube measuring 2cm x 3cm x 2 cm then convert it to milliliters!  That was just one of the problems.  (Didn't help that he missed 3 days of school last week for a family funeral and All-State concert practices)  Might sound easy to you, but not to me.  Give me memorizing the Periodic Table of the Elements!  Let me identify 108 bones of the body!  We finally figured it out.  Or so we thought.  

He reported to me today he made 27% because he forgot to put the exponent at the end of each answer!  AAAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!


5 comments:

Gena said...

That sound effect is the best. You should have called my husband.......just leave me out of it. That stuff is my worst nightmare.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Ouch, that makes my brain hurt!

Brandi Sue said...

I love how he used "IDK" haha I'm not looking forward to helping my kids with Math...that will be Devin's job!!

Brandi Sue said...

Whoops! I thought I was on Lori's blog! Sorry about the comment from a stranger haha