Wednesday, October 12, 2016

OUR GARDEN PARTY REHEARSAL DINNER...

Just got a chance to sit down for a moment after a whirlwind of events:  hosting our son's rehearsal dinner and then helping with the flowers for the wedding!  It was crazy but fun. You only do this once!

We wanted to have the rehearsal dinner in our backyard, and were so pleased that the weather cooperated.  I tried all summer to get grass to grow in some of the shady spots, paid special attention to all the flower beds, etc.  I figured out closer to the date that it would be dusk and none of that would matter!  Ha!  I also decided if there were weeds showing in the flower beds that it would be time for a little mulch.  Other than that we hung lots of lights, I borrowed almost everything, including lots of cobalt blue glass from my mother, my aunt, and my friend to make some beautiful tables!  We had the food catered:  Italian chicken, pork chops, salad, fancy mac-n-cheese, vegetable medley, and bread and butter. I made all my son's favorite desserts since his bride had no preferences:  banana layer cake, lemon bars, and blonde brownies!  I was pretty pleased with the cakes!  Take a look:





















1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looked amazing!!! Love everything about it!