Tuesday, September 15, 2015

CRANBERRY SAUCE BREAD...

Well it was my turn to bring breakfast goodies to my class Sunday and lo and behold all my frozen loaves of banana/pumpkin bread were gone!  So I needed to make something and didn't feel like going to the store, but I did have a can of cranberry sauce in the pantry.  I found this recipe for bread made with cranberry sauce and tried it out...it's delicious!  I adapted it slightly.  It's a great blend of tart with sweet.  The brown sugar and cinnamon in it really makes it taste like fall!  Give it a try.
Cranberry Sauce Bread
Makes 1 9" loaf 
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups whole berry cranberry sauce, divided
1/3 cup canola oil
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5” loaf pan, and set aside.

In a large bowl or the base of a mixer, beat together 1 cup of the cranberry sauce, oil, sugar, egg, and vanilla. In another bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients just until evenly combined.

Spread into the prepared pan. Dollop the remaining cranberry sauce on top, then bake about 50 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.


No comments: