Wednesday, September 25, 2013

ROAD TRIP ENTERTAINMENT...

You probably know by now that my husband and I enjoy road trippin' - here's some fun stuff from our Colorado trip:

Massive rain in Kansas

Cozy Inn...one of the top 100 burgers (67th actually) in America. Good dinner stop rec from Tripadvisor, my favorite travel website!

Lost (temporarily) on a dirt road


Awwww...interesting convenience store


Breakfast so big you don't need to eat the rest of the day! I'll admit most of the time we do fast food because we are just trying to "make time" but this trip we relaxed a little and tried an unknown diner.


The giant Van Gogh painting in Goodland is pretty cool!  It's weird, I know, but I always go to 
THIS WEBSITE to check if there's anything interesting to see on our route.


The book I read and gave my husband the play-by-play.  I proved to him that I am not a hoarder.  This is an amazing story of a girl who grew up with loving, hoarding parents.  She is currently living in NYC and has a blog!  Link HERE.



In between the hoarding chapters, we listened to this CD book.  I picked it for the hubs, you know, you gotta get a shoot 'em up movie or book every now and then...it is about a real American hero.  Rough language.  But I have a new respect for our military, after listening to Chris' story growing up in Texas, extremely hard training, and his combat experiences. 


Good books, roadside attractions, and diner food.  
Oh, and a great driver...


4 comments:

Gena said...

And a cute driver. Is your husband ever not immaculately dressed? I want to be on that deserted road with the book about Hoarding. That sounds perfect. :)

Wa Wa Waughs said...

HA! The only reason he was not wearing running gear was because we were pulling into Denver to meet our girl at a restaurant later!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I was thinking about reading that book about Chris.

Sounds like you had fun.

Amy said...

Love road trips with my husband. Nice. That storm looked like it had tornado's in it!