Monday, July 22, 2013

WE INTERRUPT VACATION POSTS TO BRING YOU..

 A VERY IMPORTANT LIFE EVENT!!!


My youngest son, who is now 18 years old, decided to be baptized Sunday!  It was exciting, tearful, thrilling and just an answer to all those years of prayer for him to choose to follow Jesus.  He had been to church camp earlier in July and came home saying he was ready to be baptized.  Then when we said, "How about tonight?" he said he wanted to study some more.  So we had several small conversations about it throughout the week and he told his Dad Saturday night he wanted to do it the next day at church.

 I just want to say for all the parents who were like me, worried that your child would never get serious about it or think they are too far gone or their heart is hardened, hang in there!  We tried really hard not to harp on it or mention it much once we did a formal Bible study with each of our children at age 12.  You just hope and pray and live it out in your everyday life.  Hopefully they enjoy youth group and have good friends.  I'm just so thankful for good friends and other adults in my son's life who have influenced him to follow Jesus!  So thankful for forgiveness and God's incredible love and Jesus's sacrifice for us and Heaven!

WELCOME TO GOD'S FAMILY, SON!






6 comments:

Michelle said...

That is so wonderful! Would've never guessed he wasn't yet! Congrats, you did a great job with all your kids! I love how you didn't harp on it and just trusted them to make the best decision. That's so beautiful!

Lori said...

I will never forget the look of pure JOY on your dear husband's face yesterday as he hugged your son after coming up out of the water! Looks like you captured that moment right here...

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Very excited and proud of his decision.

Erin said...

I just about lost it when I saw him standing up there!! I was so excited for him and you as a parent. I can't wait for the day when mine (hopefully) decide as well! Congrats!!

Chellie said...

So glad we were there to witness this. What a wonderful day that was! I love that you studied with them and waited (and waited). Moments like this are so joyful.

Gena said...

It almost makes it more special when you have to wait for so long! He knew exactly what he wanted and when was the right time for him. What a great kid. Oh my goodness, when did he turn 18?!?!?