Tuesday, July 16, 2013

MOUNTAINS ARE KINDA LIKE PEOPLE...

Being from Oklahoma - the land of few mountains - I've never really studied mountains.  But what I realized on this trip is every group of mountains is UNIQUE.  Some are very rocky (the Rockies in CO), some are lush green hills (the Smokies) and what I learned from this trip is that the Rocky Mountains of Glacier National Park were carved from glaciers (duh).  Which means the peaks are very sharp - they were literally carved by other chunks of ice moving slowly through the years.  You may have heard the glaciers are disappearing, which is true.  There are about 25 left and they expect them to be gone by 2030.  Anyway, like other mountains, they are BEAUTIFUL!  So hard for me to choose just a few pictures.  We spent 3 days here just hiking, taking a boat tour, driving the narrow "Going to the Sun" road, seeing wildlife, and enjoying God's wonderful world.


Mirror images on the lake

Hiking to waterfalls
The Going to the Sun road is scary but wonderful!
Look closely and you can see how they cut the road into the mountains



Grizzly bear!  
Mountain goats by the hotel

Maybe my favorite picture of the bunch!

I am officially a fan of Montana and GLACIER NATIONAL PARK, 
which was really unknown to me before this trip.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Some of those pictures remind me of the Banff and Jasper areas of Canada. Just beautiful! I like how you related your trip to appreciating God's creation. Isn't it great to see a new part of the country?

Amy said...

That park is on our bucket list! Hope to go someday. Gorgeous pictures!

Summer Lashley said...

My family is from Montana. It's a wonderful place to visit (in the summer). Glad you enjoyed it.

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I've been to Yellowstone twice but have never been to Glacier. I'll have to put that on my bucket list.

Erick said...

It's on my bucket list too! I have some friends there right now and I keep drooling over their pictures.

Erick said...

By the way, this is Gena. Too lazy to sign out of Erick's name. :)