Friday, January 13, 2012

THAT OVERWHELMING FEELING...


You know what I'm talking about don't you?  

My DH has been doing a really good job lately of taking care of me, the laundry, dishes, as well doing his regular job too.  And I'm ready to get back into life.  And I'm overwhelmed.  I really like structure.  But I'm struggling with having the energy to get back on task.  I'll be fine as soon as I get back into my walking, errand running, Bible study, etc.  Having a little trouble wanting to walk with these 20 degree mornings, though!  I'm anxious about leading my Bible study through this semester.  It is a little discouraging to me, having 1/2 my group drop out last fall.  And then there's addressing those 150 letters for my volunteer job at the high school.  Hoping an announcement that will be made Sunday about a summer event we are sponsors for will go over well...all of this weighing heavily on me!

Then I opened up my daily devotional guide, Jesus Calling.  Don't you love it when the Lord gives you exactly what you need at the right time?

 "I know exactly what this day will contain, whereas you have only a vague idea.  You would like to see a map, showing all the twists and turns of your journey.  However, there is a better way to be prepared for whatever you encounter today:  Spend quality time with me."

Exodus 33:14 The Lord replied, " My presence will go with you; and I will give you rest."

Then, I went to my Bible study and it was a really good session!  We all shared a blessing that we were given since our last meeting (before Thanksgiving) and it was a really uplifting time.  Don't know what I was so anxious about!

Look for His presence today!  He's there.  

No comments: