Wednesday, January 25, 2012

BLOGGING IS A SPIRITUAL ACTIVITY...

I learned this listening to a sermon.  Actually, the speaker said JOURNALING is a spiritual activity.  This was based on II Timothy 4:13  .  He was referring to Paul asking Timothy to bring his parchments.  Presumably for him to write on....so I would venture to say that blogging can be a spiritual activity!  Hopefully most of the time what I write is thoughtful or uplifting.

I've been doing some kind of weird stuff lately. Like scrapbooking while listening to online sermons.  I've never really felt like I had the time to listen to things online, but it's great when you are busy cutting and pasting and generally sitting.

Here's some of the resources with sermons I've been listening to:

http://www.desiringgod.org/

http://www.tiptonchurchofchrist.com/

http://www.ccmcdermott.org/ResourcesMedia/SermonArchive.aspx

So two of those are relatives of mine.  I just wanted to creep check on them and see what kind of things they are preaching!  It's all good, I assure you.  Especially the one who says journaling/blogging is a spiritual activity.

So I've gotten two years of photos scrapbooked this last month!!!  2006-2007.  Yay!  Only 4 years of photos away from being caught up.  It just might happen this year, if I stick with it.  A big snowstorm would help!

Here's some of my favorite memories/layouts:
Oklahoma Centennial Parade
Easter pics with my family
My daughter's first Prom
Christmas with my in-laws
One of the best productions of Wizard of Oz ever!
A really big VBS production
                               One of the funniest songs my son ever performed!

Blessings to you today.  May your blogging be a spiritual activity!  Or at least bring a smile to someone else's face.

7 comments:

OK Chick said...

Impressive scrapbooks. I never had the patience for scrapbooking.

I like your idea of scrapbooking and listening to sermons. I need to start listening to sermons while I cook, instead of watching The Real Housewives of any city.

Lori said...

As I was reading this I was thinking, "James mentioned journaling in his sermon!". I thought it was a coincidence, but then read further that you had listened. Isn't that neat? I really enjoyed making salads Monday while listening to them!

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

I'll bring you all Maddie's stuff if you'll put it in her baby book! Just kidding, kinda, it's on my list of things to do before baby comes. Which is getting to be a long list, and time is getting shorter to accomplish it.

Delise said...

Awesome, Robin!! Your kids are going to love having new scrapbooks to look at when they come home. I love the buttons!! I listen to KLOVE when I scrapbook. I think I'll try online sermons next time. Thanks for the advice!

Amy said...

Beautiful! Your pages are lovely. I do think we are kind of journaling when we blog. For the world to see! ha.
Have a great day!

Alyssa said...

Way to go on scrapbooking!!