Monday, July 18, 2011

THINKING ABOUT NEXT SUMMER...


A random phone call from my daughter this morning at 7 a.m. just made my day! Usually she can't get cell phone coverage in the mountains, but I guess this area had it. Nice way to start the week. I just have to tell you that for her this seems like church camp MAGNIFIED. She is so filled with joy and enjoying God's creation so much! You can tell in her speech. She wants us to bring a group next summer. We are seriously considering it, even though I have had a touch of altitude sickness before. And I would definitely need to train to carry that 35 lb. backpack up the mountain each day! But her enthusiasm is contagious! Maybe it's what an "old heart like mine" needs.

5 comments:

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Glad you got to hear from her.

Lori said...

Great idea! I enjoyed looking through her pics this morning!

Catherine said...

I can definitely see you doing it! I'm often amazed at the Waugh's "can-do" spirit. (Probably at least partly why Dan's still alive AND runs, right?)
Also, you all may already know this, but here's some unsolicited advice from a native. The best way to help NOT get altitude sickness is to spend at least one night at an intermediate altitude. (Like Denver or Colorado Springs) It's definitely not something to mess around with -- very dangerous. And un-fun, as you apparently know. Anyway, let me know if you want to hear a podcast about it. :-) Glad you got to hear from her. That would certainly make a mama's day!

Alyssa said...

What a great morning! And I agree with Catherine - y'all could totally do it!

Gena said...

You do not have an old heart. And yes, I agree with your last post - boring is good. Boring is so, so, so good. Hope it stays that way for your sweet family!