Monday, July 25, 2011

JANKY...

is the name my 16 year old son has chosen for his car. Or maybe it's just an adjective describing it. You can probably guess what the word JANKY implies! Anyway, the $300 car my husband and he bought about 6 months ago has turned into a pretty decent vehicle. But the really great thing about it is my 16 year old has learned a lot about cars - or at least old BMW's. Together they have replaced: the hood, alternator, ball joints, air compressor, door handle, console, cupholder, front grills, fog light, and even the right electric window works now!
Unfortunately, my son is already dreaming of his NEXT car. Now he wants a car with a bigger engine. Sorry kiddo, that will have to wait. Or he can just buy it himself. But I think he still loves Janky, the $300 car with the $800 sound system. (Ridiculous. To me, that is.)

Enjoy the before and afters:Before
After: new hood, grills
Before: stolen radio
After: new sound system
Before: no door handle
After: now you can get in!

What everyone should get when their friend turns 16: fuzzy dice!

3 comments:

Lori said...

Looking good! Be safe, DTW!

Alyssa said...

This is very impressive. I wouldn't even know where to go purchase a new door handle or any of those other things.

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Yes, I can confirm that the stereo is very loud.