Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I AM DONE WITH DRIVER'S ED...



thank goodness!!! My youngest took the test yesterday after we finally jumped through all the hoops: getting the 8th grade reading proficiency report from the school, buying the AAA kit, sending in the affadavit where we promise to teach him according to the rules, passing the AAA pre-test, passing the OK permit test, 30 hours of book work, 55 hours logged behind the wheel with parent instruction, taking the post-test at AAA, getting up at 6:30 a.m. to the DPS to get in line Friday and not getting an appt., getting up again at 5:30 a.m. Tuesday and getting in - remembering all the necessary paperwork...WHEW! I hope this process gets easier for the rest of you parents out there!

P.S. Ask me if you want to hear about parent-taught vs. driving school - for me parent-taught Driver's Ed. was the way to go since I don't have a job outside the home and my schedule is pretty flexible. It's about half the price. Also, I feel it's one of the last times you get some good quality time with your teen before they leave home, that's why we chose it.

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

I want to teach them too! But I didn't know the hoops you had to jump through. Only 7 more years...I know they will fly by.

Michelle said...

Jeremy teaches driver's ed through the school. It always is scary to me, to many young kids driving. But it is not worse then Jeremy driving a bus...hahaha

Catherine said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad for you, but cannot even think about us going through that stage yet. Tim teases me a lot with comments like, "You know, your oldest baby will be driving in only __ years!" Makes me upset -- don't want to think about it yet. These almost 7 years have gone too fast anyway!

Summer said...

Good to know. Welcome to the rest of your life - congrats!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Yeah!