Sunday, April 24, 2011

A DAY IN THE LIFE OF MY HU GIRL...

We drove in to spend Easter/Spring Sing weekend with her. She had us to meet her at her 3rd home, as she calls it. Midnight Oil, a coffee house on the edge of campus, is where she sits for hours at a time, studying, and drinking coffee.
Walking through the gorgeous old campus! Azaleas blooming like crazy!
A couple of pictures of the apartment...isn't college great? Probably the only time in your life you would have pink curtains in your kitchen and dining area!
And a cool pottery barn catalog tree on the living room wall...
After a bite at Subway, onto more important things: The Knight's Joust! The Knights are banned from Spring Sing for a few years (don't ask me!) so they put on a jousting show for the visitors.
Orange box knight

Shopping cart knight
This guy got it good with the shaving cream!
The 3 amigos with their golden taco knight!

On to Spring Sing. Their SS show is very different from what I'm used to - very good club shows, but only 6 of them. They have some other kinds of acts too. Probably the main difference is this is not a student-run show. It was pretty funny to me that they had syrupy sweet ads for the university between some of the acts in the show. But it has its own personality, and there are so many things to love about this place!
On to dinner in Little Rock, at Zaza's! Can you tell they are getting a little tired of me and my camera?
And the gourmet pizzas...which concludes our wonderful day in Arkansas!


4 comments:

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Missed you at LTC, but I think I know why you missed.

Summer said...

I don't know how I missed all these great posts lately but I love the faith story idea and I can nor believe you did all bat decorating for that luncheon yourself. You are amazing!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Glad you got to go for the weekend!

Barb said...

Love Midnight Oil!! It's always on our agenda on the rare occasions we make it to Searcy.