Saturday, March 27, 2010

NEW RECIPE NIGHT...

Maybe I mentioned before that my DH and I are finding ourselves with more time on the weekends now... and one of our low budget forms of entertainment is "NEW RECIPE NIGHT."


So last night we gave the pasta maker he received for his birthday a try!


Aren't those just beautiful?


So he made two different kinds: Pasta with shrimp and fresh veggies and Pasta with meat sauce!


I'm the one searching for the perfect dessert...tried PW's Creamy Lemon Crumb Squares.

The results? Thumbs up on the pasta, and well, I have to give PW's recipe a thumbs down. Sorry, PW fans. Just wasn't lemony enough for me. Tasted like...Eagle Brand. Loved the crust though!

FUN TIMES!

5 comments:

Lori said...

I had a pasta maker like that 25 years ago (then sold it), and Dan's pasta looks way better than mine ever did! When my husband said he liked the store bought pasta just as well, that was the end of that :)

Michelle said...

I've been wanting a pasta maker for a couple of years, but then I thought I wouldn't use it much. Those pics make me want to get one!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

Your brave to make your own noodles. It seems like a lot of work.

Summer said...

Wow, send that man over here, please.

Lori said...

Dan, instead of sushi next year, bring homemade pasta. I'll make homemade alfredo sauce :)