Thursday, March 11, 2010

MY SMALL & MIGHTY EXPERIMENT...


I know you were getting excited, but it's about ALL. As in, DETERGENT. I couldn't imagine that I could really get 32 loads of laundry out of this little bottle, so I decided to test it to be sure. Everytime I used it I marked it on the bottle. How many loads did I get out of it? EXACTLY 32!!!

Now, the most important thing about this is reading the back of the bottle and knowing how much ALL 1 load of laundry requires. Would you believe the 1 load measurement is ONE HALF of a capful? Maybe everyone else already knew that, but I don't know how long I've been putting a whole capful or 3/4 capful into the washer without ever really paying attention. So basically, I've been getting 16 loads out of a 32 load bottle of detergent.

FRUGAL MOMS UNITE AND GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT DETERGENT! NO MORE OVER-CLEANING! CHECK YOUR DETERGENT BOTTLES NOW!

5 comments:

OK Chick said...

I usually use a full cap too. Thanks for letting me know. I've been throwing money down the washing machine.

Elizabeth Mullins said...

That is good to know! Thanks!

Lori said...

I found this out a while back with 2X Ultra Tide. If you don't read the fine print, you will end up using twice as much as you need to!

Alyssa said...

Oooh! Thanks for the info!

Unknown said...

I know I waste it by using too much. Thanks for the test showing me to do better and measure!