Monday, February 22, 2010

HALF A CENTURY...

Yes, my husband has reached a milestone birthday! I can't help reflecting back through the years and being thankful for the person God has made him. He has so many good qualities and is especially driven when it comes to physical challenges. He loves marathons, bike racing, adventure races, you name it. He has been blessed to live through a life-threatening injury almost 5 years ago. He's a good provider and father to his children.

I can't help thinking about his parents and his Christian upbringing. Talk about some blogging material! His parents raised - oops - I mean reared six children WHILE also being houseparents at a children's home! His mother is the closest person I know to Wonder Woman! All of her children are wonderful Christian servants.

Just some fun pics from then to now:


1977...My husband is in the green leisure suit next to his twin brother in the brown suit. The suits were made by their grandmother for their senior graduation pictures!


Here is his family last year at his parents 50th anniversary trip! The twins are still quite handsome, aren't they?


Finally, here is the WHOLE group after 30 years of growth! What a wonderful legacy from two Christian parents! Kinda makes me wish I'd had six kids! Well, just for a minute. I love my three.

It really makes me prayerful over what the next 30 years will bring to my husband and me....

5 comments:

Alyssa said...

Wow! This is a great post. Love seeing the family growth. And you are a great couple and I would call you Super Mom!

Dan W. said...

Thank You! Very nice!

Let'sMakeADifference said...

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing! What a legacy.

Janell said...

DeeAnn looks a lot like Dan's sisters in that old picture of his family. That's a great family legacy and you are doing a great job of following in their footsteps!

Lori said...

I'm sure you all had a great day of celebrating!