Sunday, February 14, 2010

NOW WHAT DO I DO WITH THESE RAMEKINS?


So we thought we'd cook PIONEER WOMAN'S SIMPLE VALENTINE DINNER Saturday night. It got rave reviews from the boys...don't tell Ree I modified and seperated the main dish into 2 small dishes! Pasta with shrimp for me and hubby, Pasta with chicken for the boys. But what they really loved was the BAKED FUDGE. We actually went and bought ramekins for it, too. Can you believe I've been married 26 years and never had ramekins? Well, they liked it, but it was too runny for me. Like hot chocolate syrup with a crust on it! Maybe I'll try a different recipe or something next time.

HOW DO YOU USE YOUR RAMEKINS?

5 comments:

Summer said...

I have a great recipe for it that you can make in a 9x9. It is more custard/brownie like. Love, love, love it.

I love ramekins for salsa, syrup, and other dips. I also fill them with fresh veggies and fruits and tell the kids they have to finish them at some point during the day before they get a treat (although that may not work for teenagers :)

Michelle said...

creme brulee, however you spell it!

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

I don't own any ramekins. Aren't they a new kitchen thing or are they decendants from a different kitchen item?

Wa Wa Waughs said...

A, you make me feel better! They are just little ceramic bowls, basically! Don't know where the fancy name came from.

Love your idea, Summer. That would be great for everyone to have their own individual salsa cup. Just like the restaurants!

Michelle, my husband is just not a pudding fan...somethings he just can't eat after being at Tipton home for 12 years!

Alyssa said...

No ramekins at our house either. But they do look really cute. Our small group had "Pioneer Woman" night. It was delish!