Tuesday, May 5, 2009

FATHER'S DAY...


yes, I know it's not June yet, but today was a special day for my Father. I accepted an award for him at a university banquet, posthumously. He'll be gone 8 years this fall, from cancer. He was an excellent teacher and was inducted into the MASTER TEACHER HALL OF FAME. He gave 35 years of his life to teaching. He taught not only with textbooks, but with his life. He was an awesome example of Christianity. He was a great Dad to me and my sister, and a neat Poppa to my kids. 62 years just wasn't enough.

Make sure you show appreciation to the wonderful dads and grandpas in your life!

7 comments:

Summer said...

AMen. He is an OC legend. I never knew him but people around here still talk abou thim. And he raised an amazing daughter.

Lori said...

Sweet post, Robin. It's great that they honored your dad and family in this way.

kj said...

Speaking of fathers day, I am starting the Fatherss day journal you told me about. Something the girls can add to each year! Love it! You need to blog about that! ; ) BUT just know I stole your idea FIRST!

Gena said...

What a great tribute to your Dad. I wish I could have known him.

What is this Father's Day journal?

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Oh, back a couple of summers ago, KJ and I were discussion group leaders in a women's class. I mentioned that I don't like spending lots of $$ on greeting cards for Father's Day and bdays, so we got blank journals and let the kids draw a picture or write a message and dated it. So now the Father's Day/Mother's DAy journals are almost full and it's lots of fun to look back through it!

Alyssa said...

I thought Tuesday night was great. I wish I could have known your dad. But what a great daughter he raised.

The 5 Arbuckle's said...

That was neat that your dad is still remembered by others. Bill really liked him as a man and as a teacher.