Sunday, August 5, 2018

ROAD TRIP TO THE WEDDING...

Groomsmen's suits✔
Groomsmen's ties and suspenders✔
Groom's suit✔
Shoes✔
Wedding ring✔
Honeymoon clothes✔
Rehearsal dinner tablecloths✔
Rehearsal dinner decorations✔
Rehearsal dinner clothes✔
MOG dress✔
FOG suit✔
Grandmother's dress for wedding✔
Clothes for hiking, biking, etc.✔
Golf clubs✔
Snacks✔
Computer and chargers✔
Etc.✔

My youngest son and I loaded up, ready to hit the Oregon Trail!  The Hubs was on a business trip and would meet us there.  I'm not sure my son and I had ever actually traveled anywhere, just the two of us, except maybe Boy Scout camp, long, long ago.  Here was my chance to spend some quality time with him right before his wedding ceremony!











We had a great three days, talking, listening to music, and listening to a book on CD.  We ate in some good and not-so-good places.  We stopped at the giant Van Gogh mural in Kansas, saw a movie in Denver, ate at a funny diner in Wyoming, saw Shoshone Falls in Idaho, and enjoyed the beautiful drive on Hwy 84 along the Columbia River in Oregon.  We even saw a base jumper off the Perrine Bridge in Twin Falls!  I was kind of hoping that we would get to witness that, and it happened right as we got to the viewing area.

We talked about everything - relationships, college, marriage, music, and just life.  I got to share a few stories with him that I thought he knew...but he was willing to listen to again.  We didn't worry about time, we just left when we got ready in the morning.  It was usually early, since our bodies were still on Oklahoma time.  I found out he's a very agreeable guy.  Just not crazy about the amount of pictures I like to take.  :)

I think he'll make a good husband!





2 comments:

Mark Brewer said...

Sounds like a blast!

Mark Brewer said...

You will remember this trip the rest of your life.