Tuesday, April 12, 2016

WHERE'S THE BEEF...

So I need iron, and I've been trying to eat more beef.  Problem is, I don't really care for it and The Hubs is not a fan of it for dinner.  Since his accident 10 years ago, it just doesn't agree with him.  So since I didn't care much for it anyway, we rarely ate much red meat (except for ground beef burgers and some casseroles) the last 10 years.  So no steak.  My boys think we've deprived them!

 I've been on the hunt for recipes that mix beef and chicken.  That way both The Hubs and I can choose the meat we want out of it!  I made stir fry the other night, and put both beef and chicken in it.  Not sure why I haven't ever done this before, probably just simpler to use just one meat.  Here's an easy link I used that I really liked for Easy Stir-Fry Dinner.  I don't know why but I've never really been very confident when I made it in the past.  This recipe is explained well and I liked it and the leftovers!




2 comments:

OK Chick said...

Great idea! I've never thought of it either.

Unknown said...

That's what we do - both chicken and beef for stir fry. I'm always low iron...and low protein, even. I don't like having to take it in a pill, but just have too.