Friday, April 29, 2016

DALLAS DISCOVERIES...

You might not think there's much there besides construction and traffic if you've been there lately, but I did discover a few things new to me while there with The Hubs on business!



 I shopped for my MOG dress at Dallas Northpark for two days at the four big department stores and ended up finding a Kate Spade dress at Clothes Circuit!  Clothes Circuit is an upscale resale shop I found online.  (Now forget I ever said I got a used dress when you see the wedding pics)



We discovered a walking trail by our hotel, Galatyn Woodland Preserve, and little did we know it connected to the Richardson trails.  It was green and beautiful and a welcome quiet spot in the middle of the city!  We walked it two different days.


 Pinterest directed me to the Bishop Arts District, so we went there for dinner one night.  It's an area south of downtown Dallas that has lots of shops and restaurants.  We ate burgers at a 50's style diner, Hunky's Hamburgers, and got pie to go at Emporium.  Some cute murals and a small downtown feel. I guess it was worth fighting the traffic... :)  


 

 We also got to eat dinner with some of our family that lives there, and of course, the obligatory stop at IKEA!

I guess I should never sneer even at a little trip away from home with The Hubs!  It was great since we drove our own car and I just dropped him off for work each day!  Thankful...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun! I wondered where the pie place was! Glad you got to eat with J & D! The dress is very pretty and that is great how you found it!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

That's not the dress I got, though...just many of the pictures I took of different dresses. Sorry. My dress will be a secret.