Thursday, April 14, 2016

BOOKS I'VE READ IN ALL MY SPARE TIME...

I think "time" is definitely the theme here, when I look at the books I've been reading lately.

168 Hours by Laura Vanderkam
I picked this one up to figure out where my time is going and decided I really didn't want to take the time to do a daily time management log.  She has a lot of stories and tips, though, for helping you think about how you use your time.  Putting some of this into practice!

Steal Like An Artist by Austin Kleon
A little book and quick read. It has some general principles about life to help you think creatively. Most of it I've learned by experience(yes, I was thinking I could have written this one!). The title may sound illegal, but I assure you it's not.  We all get ideas from one another and that's as it should be.  I found myself thinking this is a great book for entrepreneurs and would be good for my son to read.

Graduates In Wonderland by Pan & Kapelke-Dale
I literally picked this one up off the "New book" rack at the library.  It sounded good - the email messages and adventures of two friends their first two years after college graduation - but I wasn't impressed.  They basically partied in other countries and wondered about their future.


No comments: