Monday, February 8, 2016

CLEANING AND SCRUBBING...

Saturday was one of those days when we didn't have much planned, it was too chilly to do outside things, and everyone had a project to work on...so I did something I haven't done in a very long time.  I cleaned and oiled the wood cabinets in my kitchen!  I also mopped the floor!  My Mother was always diligent about keeping her woodwork oiled and her kitchen cabinets are 41 years old and look fantastic!  I was pretty proud of myself as the cabinets and granite were shining.  We get quite a bit of traffic through here and with the Hubs and two adult children working out of our home five days a week, it's hard to keep clean.  

This isn't the whole kitchen but a portion of what I did.  I was reminded of one of my favorite poems.  I used to have this poem on a wooden heart in my bathroom way back in 1989, the year my first child was born.  I always loved it and still do.  And I still think it's true!  I tell myself even now that having people in our home, and using the kitchen, is more important than a spotless kitchen!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this! Perfect timing for me as we meet tonight to get some final kitchen remodel things planned....and as I clean up a messy kitchen right now! :) I loved that little poem and first saw it and memorized it from your house. I didn't have children then, but have always remembered it, and especially did after becoming a mom.