Wednesday, January 27, 2016

MY LITTLE VALENTINES...

I always enjoy displaying my old Valentine collection from the 1940's!  Most of them were my Dad's sister Myrna Rae's valentines.  She had a heart condition and died in surgery at age seven.  Consequently, my grandmother kept almost everything belonging to her little girl.  I always have fun figuring out how to display them!





I also enjoy the little kiddie valentines and making goody bags for all my college kid friends!

Do you have any special traditions for Valentine's Day?  I know one of my friends always makes strawberry shortcake for her family.  The shortcake is made in the shape of a heart.  We do different small gifts usually, but really, I do not need the chocolate this year!  Hopefully my family takes notice.  If not, there's another couple of workouts I'll need to do.  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love those old valentine's! We do a Valentine's Day breakfast that is special for the kids. It was Delia's suggestion because we're usually busy with ballgames that evening.