Sunday, November 8, 2015

LATEST READS...



Loved this one!  The true story of Emma Gatewood.  She was the first woman to ever walk the Appalachian Trail - way back in 1957, when it wasn't even a "thing" to try to walk the whole trail!  She reminds me of Jesus; went on faith, not carrying much, not even a sleeping bag.  She relied on the kindness of strangers and wasn't afraid to ask if she could sleep on their porches, etc.  Pretty amazing story!


Habits.  We all have them, some good and some bad.  This book helps you examine yourself and where you fit in the "four tendencies."  Some people have success totally abstaining from a bad habit and others do not.  I found this really interesting and even if I still have some bad habits, at least I have a few more ideas now about how to go about trying a new method for breaking them!



This one I had to read since a friend said it was one of his favorites.  A fictional, funny, coming-of-age story, I found myself drawn into it, wanting to know more about Owen and his strange ways.  It has a lot of religious references and Owen seems to have a special connection with God.  Pretty different kind of read for me.  I think I would like to read some more by this author!



Just a fun read - a fictional story of three friends brought together by a death.  As they unravel the mystery of their mutual friend, they support each other through the ups and downs of their dating relationships, caring for elderly relatives and dealing with adult children.  Despite the title, it's a clean read!

1 comment:

Mark Brewer said...

Thanks for sharing your reads.

And I think on that Owen Meany book, I think you friend recommended the audible version. That narration, I hear, was amazing.