Saturday, August 2, 2014

VACATION HIGH..

Well, we're just home from vacation, in case you were wondering why I hadn't posted for a few days!!!  We spent time with our three kids plus one more, our daughter's boyfriend.  It was quite an adventure!  We were in Moab, Utah, exploring Arches National Park and Canyonlands National Park.  We also spent a couple of days in Colorado, in Glenwood Springs and Denver.  Here's one of many highlights for me:


 Sunday morning hike in Negro Bill Canyon, outside of Moab.  A black man named William ranched in this area in the 1800's, so it's named for him.  It was really beautiful.  I mean gorgeous!
Some of the hike was easy, on slick rock - other parts were like going through the jungle!
We named this one Pop bottle rock!

  After hiking 1 1/2 miles into the canyon, we were rewarded with the Morning Glory natural bridge.  It's the 5th largest natural bridge in the world, but since the hike is rather long, crossing lots of streams and rock scrambling, not a lot of people were on it.
 Here's my son taking pics - you can get an idea of the size of the walls of the canyon.

Under the natural bridge
We climbed up to this nook and had some communion time.  As we sang, the sound just bounced off the walls of the canyon - great acoustics!!!  It was a sweet worship time.

On the hike back to our car, the boys heard a sound of a whimper.  They looked in the greenery on the side of the trail and saw this snake eating a bunny!! Crazy that my son even got a picture.  Sad but amazing.

I loved worshiping with all our kids together, outside.  It made a great start to our vacation!







1 comment:

OK Chick said...

Oh my word...if I saw the snake I'd run down the mountain screaming. I do not like snakes!