Thursday, August 15, 2013

COUNTING...

I was thinking about the BLESSINGS of this summer - some things planned, some unexpected. God's Word rings true in my heart as I reflect:  “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” John 16:33



OUR SUMMER IN A NUTSHELL:
A surprise birthday visit from my daughter!
My son had testicular cancer - My son is now cancer free!
My mother had knee replacement surgery - She is now walking!
We welcomed a baby into the family with the birth of our nephew's son Fletcher!
The Hubs and I celebrated our 30th anniversary with an awesome trip!  
My baby was lost in sin - My baby is now a baptized believer in Jesus Christ!

I know that's a bunch of exclamation marks, but I can't say any of those things without them!  I'm reminded of an old hymn:

Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done!
Johnson Oatman, Jr.

I would encourage you to spend some time reflecting on what God has done in your life this summer. Blessings to you!


2 comments:

Michelle said...

That is a fantastic summer!!

Unknown said...

Yes, wonderful blessings! Praise God for all of them!